Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mythology

The below images are actually a rough draft for my final for Expressive Typography.  The final is centered around the idea of mythology, and originally the illustration were going to replace several of the letters in the word mythology.  The word would be typed over and over, and the illustrations would indicate the mythology of different cultures.  My teacher loves graphic and simple solutions though, so we ended up taking the project in another direction (simple black and white icons inside of the letter O instead of illustrations), but I still really like this version.
Most of the illustrations fit into my little 6"x9" sketchbook, and are done with a ballpoint pen.  The symmetrical illustrations such as the elephant I drew half of and then mirrored in photoshop to create a full, perfectly symmetrical illustration.  




















No comments:

Post a Comment